Company :Cisco Systems
Job Role :Software Engineer
Eligibility :Bachelor’s Degree
Experience :3 – 5 Years
Job Location :Bangalore
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies since the company’s inception. This tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products in the core areas of routing and switching, as well as advanced technologies in areas such as Unified Communications, Network Security, Video, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing.
Software Engineer will primarily provide hands-on development and integration efforts that are part of the engineering group at Jasper, as well as performing software engineering in all phases of the software life cycle.
Individuals interested in having an immediate and direct impact on the success of a growing organization should apply.
• Analyzing software, and system requirements and implementation.
• Developing and testing code.
• Identifying and resolving anomalies during test on various software and system-level platforms.
• Identifying and implementing required software modifications.
• Participating in technical reviews of software products.
• Working with software development peers, subject matter experts, and wireless engineers.
• Proving on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed.
• Some travel required to visit onsite team members in US.
• Trips to include technical support of features developed and providing support to test of developed products in the Jasper operating environment.
• A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (MS preferred).
• Minimum 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
• Minimum 2+ years of Java programming experience.
• Experience working with small teams in an agile development environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with SQL relational databases, handling large set of data.
• Practical experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD).
• Experience of working with remote workers in different time-zones.
• Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication.
• Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies.
• Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify.
• Some travel is required (anticipate less than 20 days per year).
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment.
• Availability and capability to provide on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Experience working in support environment as a team member or a lead.
• Flexible team-oriented attitude; able to adapt to changing requirements.