HP hiring for the post of Network Monitoring Analyst
Company : Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Website : www.hp.com
Job Role :Network Monitoring Analyst
Eligibility : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience : 0 – 2 Years
Job Location : Bangalore
The Hewlett-Packard Company or HP is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto,California,United States. It provides products, technologies, software,solutions and services to consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health and education sectors.
- Participates as a member of an Information Technology (IT) technical team.
- Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements.
- Implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure or services as prepared by more senior engineers.
- Provides end user and routine or basic support of enterprise platforms and services.
- Monitors the environment and resolves issues utilizing available knowledge reference documentation.
- Monitors production schedules and ensures production jobs complete successfully without issues.
- Ensures complete and timely hand-off of incidents to other support teams as appropriate.
- Assists with enterprise-wide system maintenance and change implementation.
- Performs work assigned by others.
- Accountable for own work.
- Below are the few responsibility on day to day basis for Event Management Analyst.
- Eyes on Glass Monitoring.
- Event Management Monitor.
- Early Indicator monitoring.
- Trend monitoring via tools, Dashboards, Consoles, etc.Application : BSM, Sitescope, etc.Infrastructure : OVO, Nagios(LDAP)Global Telecom : NNM, OVPI, etc.Databases : SCOM, OEMExchange/Messaging c : Collaboration/Messaging DashboardEDW : Offcyc/Yotta/Long running Jobs/Feeds Administration Process : VRs/Emails(disable/enable alerts).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Understanding and working knowledge of infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, security, network, voice, end user and server related applications).
- Understanding and working knowledge of business Information Technology (IT) applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, Human Resources (HR), finance).
- Experience with monitoring and reacting to system events and end user / business requests.
- Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Good initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
- Basic organizational and analytical skills.